Baked Soya Roll
Added to 6 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 7916 times
Baked soya roll is a healthier roll or snack recipe with protein packed soya nuggets or chunks soaked and then minced. The minced soya are made into a spicy mixture , stuffed into wheat dough based rolls and then baked till crispy done.
Add your private note
Baked Soya Roll recipe - How to make Baked Soya Roll
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
2 hours 25 minutes
cups soyabean nuggets, soaked in plenty of water for 30 minutes 2 medium onions
1 cup green peas (shelled)
2-3 green chilies
1 inch ginger
1/2 bunch fresh coriander leaves
2 tablespoons ghee or oil
1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
1 teaspoon garam masala powder
1 teaspoon curry powder
2 tablespoons broken cashews
1 teaspoon red chili powder
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 1/2 cups refined flour (maida)
1 tablespoon oil
- 1. squeeze dry the soaked soyabean nuggets and rinse well.
- 2. boil them in plenty of water for 15 minutes.
- 3. when cool, squeeze dry and then mince them.
- 4. peel and chop the onions.
- 5. boil the peas.
- 6. set aside.
- 7. wash, slit and chop the green chillies.
- 8. peel and chop the ginger.
- 9. wash and chop the corriander leaves.
- 10. heat ghee/oil in a skillet.
- 11. add cumin seeds and allow to crackle.
- 12. add onions and saute till light brown in colour.
- 13. add green chillies and ginger and continue to saute till the raw smell of ginger is gone.
- 14. add soya mince and saute till the onions turn transparent.
- 15. add green peas, garam masala powder and curry powder.
- 16. mix well.
- 17. add corriander leaves, cashewnuts and salt to taste.
- 18. mix well.
- 19. add red chilli powder and mix in.
- 20. remove from heat.
- 21. allow to cool.
- 22. add lemon juice and mix well.
- 23. keep aside.
- 24. now, get going with preparing the covering.
- 25. for this, make a dough of the ingredients mentioned under"for covering".
- 26. my favourite dough tip that i've learnt from personal experience is to make sure to lightly apply some cooking oil on your palms before you make the dough, so that the dough will not stick to your palms.
- 27. roll the prepared dough into an oval shape.
- 28. cut the edges of the dough to make it look more like a fish.
- 29. place the soya filling in the centre.
- 30. cut slits on both sides and fold over the filling.
- 31. grease a baking dish and place the rolled dough on it.
- 32. beat the egg in a bowl.
- 33. brush the roll with the beaten egg.
- 34. bake in a pre-heated oven at 180c for 20-25 minutes.
- 35. serve hot!
- 36. enjoy!
This recipe was contributed by usmishra on 26 Sep 2004
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.