Baked Potato with Onion and Thyme
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 8 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 1797 times
The mellow, pleasantly-flavoured potato transforms into a vibrantly-flavoured treat when baked with onion, garlic, seasonings and herbs.
Thyme gives the baked potatoes an irresistibly appetizing aroma, while onions give it a wonderful crunch. A dash of spices like pepper and red chillies raise the spice quotient to just the right level, which will appeal to everybody.
The best part is that this easy-to-make baked dish just uses everyday ingredients, which you will surely find in your kitchen shelf. Make sure you serve this Baked Potato with Onion and Thyme immediately after preparation.
Couple it with a continental main course. You can also try other baked dishes like Baked Purple Yam and Paneer Cake and Baked Ratatouille Pancakes in White Sauce .
- Heat the butter in a broad non-stick pan, add the potatoes salt and pepper powder and sauté on medium flame for 2 minutes. Keep aside.
- Heat the butter in a broad non-stick pan, add the onions, garlic, thyme and salt and sauté on medium flame for 3 minutes. Keep aside.
- Place half of the potato mixture evenly in a greased baking dish.
- Put the onion mixture and spread it evenly.
- Put the remaining potato mixture and spread it evenly.
- Sprinkle thyme and chilli flakes evenly over it and bake in a pre-heated oven at 180ºc (360ºf) for 20 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||248.6 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.5 mg|
|Vitamin C||7.8 mg|
|Folic Acid||7 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.