Added to 206 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 4536 times
The best part about this dish is...it can be easily prepared once the basic part is done and is in the deep freeze...
enjoy!!! a perfect Ukrainian dish...
option: you can also add boiled spinach to the mixture and kids would eat green veggies with it too...
Add your private note
Baked Perriogies recipe - How to make Baked Perriogies
Preparation Time: 10 Min Cooking Time: 20 Min Total Time:
***Note: The basic perriogies prepared for this dish can be stored in the deep freeze for many days and can be cooked fast and easy whenever desired***
2 Cup White Flour (Maida) butter
Boiled and finely mashed potatoes 2 -3 white american cheese , cheddar cheese , parmesan cheese (all taste wonderful)
Onions: finely chopped
For the Veggies:
1 Onion (Chopped long and thin)
1 Capsicum/ Green pepper (Chopped long and thin)I use different peppers like red pepper and banana peppers to add color to the dish..it depends if you can find them...it is available here in the US
1 Carrot (Chopped long and thin)
Broccoli (optional) garlic (lehsun) salt to taste black pepper (kalimirch) powder to taste oil
- For perriogies:
- Cover: mix maida, water and butter to make a thick flour just as in puris or samosas...
- Keep aside for a couple of hours...
- For filling:
- Boil and mash the potatoes very finely...it should be fine as a thich potatoe paste.
- Fry the finely chopped onions in very little oil (practically 1/4 tsp) and add them to the mashed potatoes.
- Add cheese: cheese should be either powdered or grated finely. mix all of these ingredients together with the mashed potatoes.
- Next: make small round puris (not too thick nor too thin). put one spoon of your filling on the puri and fold it (it should look like your ghugra or may be put filling on one side of the puri and fold the other part over it)
- Keep aside. make as many as you like and you can store them as i mentioned before...
- It is best to keep them in the freeze for sometime before you make them...hence the best option is to cook this dish a day later...
- Main dish:
- Remove the perriogies from the freezer and boil them in hot water till they start floating over the water.
- Drain the water and keep the perriogies aside.
- Chop all the veggies long and thin.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil (preferrably olive oil)
- (garlic optional)
- Fry onions first...and then add all the veggies in the oil. add salt and black pepeer. cover and cook the veggies...they should be well fried but not over fried
- When the veggies are done add the boiled perriogies into the mixture and mix them well...don't mash them!!!
- Cook for a few minutes and then put them in a baking dish...cover with cheese and bake on 450 deg f for 15 minutes...till the perriogies are brownish in color
This recipe was contributed by dtanna on 04 Oct 2001
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.