Baked Penne with Roasted Vegetables
by vrunda naik
Added to 2 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 4485 times
Add your private note
Baked Penne with Roasted Vegetables recipe - How to make Baked Penne with Roasted Vegetables
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
1 hours 5 minutesMakes 6 serving
2 red peppers , cored and cut into 1-inch wide strips2 zucchini , quartered lengthwise and cut into 1-inch cubes
2 summer squash , quartered lengthwise and cut into 1-inch cubes4 cremini mushrooms (khumbh) , halved1 yellow onion , peeled and sliced into 1-inch strips1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil1 tsp salt , divided1 tsp freshly ground black peppercorns (kalimirch) , divided
1 tbsp dried italian herb mix or herbs de provence1 pound penne pasta
3 cups marinara sauce (store bought or homemade)
1 cup grated fontina cheese
1/2 cup grated smoked mozzarella
1 1/2 cups frozen peas , thawed
1/4 cup grated parmesan , plus 1/3 cup for topping2 tbsp butter , cut into small pieces
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- On a baking sheet, toss the peppers, zucchini, squash, mushrooms, and onions with olive oil, 1/2 tsp salt, 1/2 teaspoon pepper, and dried herbs. Roast until tender, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the pasta and cook for about 6 minutes. Since you will be cooking the pasta a second time in the oven, you want to make sure the inside is still hard. Drain in a colander.
- In a large bowl, toss the drained pasta with the roasted vegetables, marinara sauce, cheeses, peas, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Using a wooden spoon, gently mix, until all the pasta is coated with the sauce and the ingredients are combined.
- Pour the pasta into a greased 9 by 13-inch pan. Top with the remaining 1/3 cup Parmesan and butter pieces. Bake until top is golden and cheese melts, about 25 minutes.
This recipe was contributed by vrunda naik on 21 May 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.