Baked Oats Puri
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 119 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 66919 times
Puris , plain or stuffed, baked or fried, are a snack that Indians cannot live without!
Here is a version that you can binge on, without any guilt. Made using fibre-rich oats, the Baked Oats Puri is flavoured with sesame seeds, garlic paste and kasuri methi too.
Baking instead of deep-frying the puris helps reduce the calorie count. Store it in an air-tight container and take along to office, school or even on a journey.
You can also try other healthy jar snacks like Crunchy Cumin Seeds Cracker and Palak Til Jowar Nimki .
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl and knead into a stiff dough using enough water.
- Divide the dough into 20 equal portions and roll out each portion into a 75 mm. (3”) diameter circle using a little whole wheat flour for rolling.
- Prick the rolled out puris with a fork at regular intervals.
- Arrange them on a baking tray and bake in a pre-heated oven at 200°c (400°f) for 20 minutes, turning them once after 10 minutes or till they turn crisp.
- Serve or store in an air-tight container.
- To get ½ cup of oats flour, blend ½ cup of quick cooking rolled oats in a mixer to a smooth powder.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per puri
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.