Baked Korma Rice
Added to 7 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 6078 times
A rich but not too spicy biryani rice recipe, korma rice is sure to make every occasion a special one. The long grain rice cooked in a delectable whole spice-ginger-garlic paste and a creamy poppy seeds-cashewnut based mixture is simply irrestible!
- Heat the ghee in a deep pan and add the bay leaf, cinnamon, cloves, cardamom and saute for 10 seconds.
- Add the rice, turmeric, salt, 2 cups water and cook till the rice is cooked and the water is evaporated.
- Keep aside.
- Heat the ghee in a kadhai, add the onions and saute till they turn pink.
- Add the ginger-garlic and cardamom paste, coriander-cumin seeds powder, chilli powder, tomatoes and saute for 3-4 minutes. Keep aside.
- In another bowl, combine the moong sprouts, little water, sugar and salt and mix well.
- Add the milk, cream, cashewnuts and poppy seeds paste and mix well.
- Add this to the cooked paste and cook for 5 minutes.
- Transfer this is a greased baking dish and bake in a pre-heated oven for 10 minutes.
- Serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by aaradhana on 28 Sep 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.