Baked Kesari Moong Dal Gujiya
by PRACHI AGARWAL
This recipe has been viewed 2782 times
Baked Kesari Moong Dal Gujiya, moong dal, mava, nuts, coconut and hints of nutmeg and cardamom go into the stuffing of this traditional favourite sweet. Unlike the traditional gujiyas that are deep fried, these are baked with a brushing of saffron-milk which gives it a nice aroma and flavour.
- In a mixing bowl, add maida, suji and ghee and mix well.
- Add milk and water and knead the dough till pliable. Keep aside covered for for 5-10 mins.
- Soak the dal for 4-5 hour.
- Heat 2-3 glasses of water in a deep pan and when it comes to a boil add dal and cook for 5-6 minutes and then strain the dal with strainer.
- Heat the ghee in a pan, add the nuts and mix well.
- Add boiled and strained dal and saute for 4-5 minutes, add the mava and saute again for another 3-4 minutes.
- Add the sugar and and cook for 6-7 minutes, add the cardamom and coconut and mix well and stir for another 3-4 minutess and turn off the flame.
- Transfer this mixture in the bowl and keep aside.
- Make lemon size balls of the dough.
- And add 2 tsp maida and 2 tsp water in bowl and mix well to make a paste.
- Take a ball and roll it with rolling pin and make a 4" diameter circle.
- Place this rolled circle in the gujiya mould and lightly brush the maida paste on the edges of circle.
- Place 1 tbsp stuffing on the center of the circle and carefully press the mould and remove the extra dough and make the rest of gujiya in same manner.
- Place all the gujiya on the baking tray and brush the gujiyas with oil.
- Bake in a preheated the oven at 180 c for 10 minutes.
- In a bowl, milk and saffron and mix well and after 10 mins brush the gujiya with saffron milk and bake it again for 12 mins.
- Enjoy this gujiya.
This recipe was contributed by PRACHI AGARWAL on 01 Jul 2015
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.