Baked Corn Open Toast ( Corn)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 82 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 42570 times
Pepper-tinged white sauce with sautéed onions and sweet corn is a wonderful topping for bread slices, as it provides a perfect mix of flavour, textures and gooeyness that always complements toast beautifully.
Semi-toast the bread slices, apply the topping and then bake them again till the cheese melts. This gives you the perfect crispness, while also fusing the topping with the toast.
The Baked Corn Open Toast is so easy to make, you can prepare it any day, as an after school snack for kids, or a special accompaniment for tea.
Looking out for more snack recipes using corn, check these out Capsicum and Corn Rolls , Cheesy Corn Rava Waffles , Corn and Cottage Cheese Tacos , Corn and Potato Fritters , Corn On Crackers , Corn Sev Puris and Crispy Corn Cups .
- Heat 1 tbsp of butter in a broad non-stick pan.
- Add the plain flour, mix well and cook on a slow flame for 30 seconds.
- Add the milk, salt and pepper, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring occasionally. Keep aside.
- Heat the remaining 1 tbsp of butter in a broad non-stick pan, add the onions and green chillies and sauté on a medium flam for 1 minute.
- Add the corn, sugar, salt, pepper and white sauce and mix well. Keep aside.
- Place the bread slices on a baking tray and bake in a pre-heated oven at 200°c (400°f) for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Put approx. ¼ cup of a filling on a bread slice and spread it evenly. Sprinkle ½ tbsp of cheese evenly over it.
- Repeat step 2 to make 5 more toasts.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 2000°c (400°f) for 10 to 12 minutes or till the cheese melts.
- Cut each toast diagonally into 2 and serve immediately with tomato ketchup.
Nutrient values per open toast
|Vitamin A||197.7 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.3 mg|
|Vitamin C||2.2 mg|
|Folic Acid||7.6 mcg|
RECIPE SOURCE : Corn
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.