Baked Carrot and Spring Onion Open Toast
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 95 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 10543 times
Experience a mind-blowing burst of flavours on your palate when you bite into this Baked Carrot and Spring Onion Open Toast. Made of hot dog rolls topped with a delicious mixture of white sauce, carrots and spring onions, this open toast gets its fabulous flavour from chopped green chillies and hot and sweet sauce.
Carrot and spring onions are by themselves a very successful duo because the contrast of orange and green stands out against the white sauce background. While this gives the open toast an irresistible appearance, the herby-spicy-crunchy taste of spring onions and the juicy sweetness of carrots give it an awesome flavour. Overall, this is a must-try recipe, which you will surely want to repeat!
When had with a bowl of soup it makes a satiating mini meal.
- Divide the topping into 8 equal portions. Keep aside.
- Divide each roll horizontally into two parts. Brush both the sides with a little butter.
- Bake the brushed hot dog rolls in a pre-heated oven at 200°c (400°f) for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Spread a little of the prepared topping on each toasted halve.
- Spread 1/2 tsp of hot and sweet sauce evenly over each hot dog halve. Bake in a pre-heated oven at 200°c (400°f) for 10 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.