Added to 12 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 11218 times
A perfect baked vegetable recipe, baked brinjals have brinjals or eggplants slit and then filled with a spicy mixture before placing them in baking dish.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai, add the chana dal and saute till they turn golden brown.
- Add the urad dal and remaining ingredients, mix well and saute for 3 minutes.
- Blend in a mixer into a coarse powder. Keep aside.
- Slit the brinjals into four pieces from the bottom, taking care, not to slit the brinjals into separate pieces.
- Add the salt to the filling mixture and fill the mixture into the brinjals and tie them with thread.
- Put them into a baking dish and pour 2 to 3 tsp of oil covering all the brinjals.
- Place them in the microwave oven and cook for 8-10 minutes.
- Add the chopped coriander and carefuly remove the thread.
- Serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by jcheruvu1971 on 16 Aug 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.