Added to 4 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 15099 times
Baked beans is a quick and convenient beans preparation with the beans or Rajma cooked with tomato puree and then used as filling , topping or simply a side dish with any breads.
- Rinse and drain beans. place in a large bowl with remaining ingredients except tomato sauce. mix
- Well, cover, and place in the refrigerator for 24 hours. to cook: transfer bean mixture to a large
- Oven-proof pot. add tomato sauce. bring to a boil over medium heat. reduce heat to low, cover,
- And simmer 45 minutes. preheat oven to 300 degrees. place pot in oven. bake 4 hours, covered.
- Check beans after 3 hours and, if necessary, add a little more water so that beans are covered.
- Remove and discard bay leaf before serving.
This recipe was contributed by pratishthas on 05 Apr 2004
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.