Baked Basmati Rice with Squash and Chilli
by shweta soni
This recipe has been viewed 1453 times
Baked Basmati Rice with Squash and Chilli prepared with minimal and simple ingredients is quite satiating. You will love the sweet, nutty flavour of the squash perked up with garlic and chilli and also the creamy cheese toppping.This bright and delicious midweek, veggie recipe is a standout dish that everyone will love.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/fan 160°C/gas.
- Heat the oil in a medium casserole dish and gently fry the shallots for 5 minutes.
- Add the crushed garlic cloves, red chilli, and butternut squash. Fry for 5 minutes.
- Add the basmati rice and stir to coat.
- Pour over the hot vegetable stock, season, stir, then cover and bake for 30-35 minutes.
- Scatter the spinach and cheese over the rice, then cook, covered, for 5 minutes.
- Stir to combine, then serve.
This recipe was contributed by shweta soni on 24 Jun 2015
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.