Added to 4 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 13116 times
Baked brinjal are a baked vegetable dish with the brinjal or eggplants slit and then filled with a spicy mixture before placing them in baking dish. The stuffed brinjal are tied with a rope and then roasted till done and delicious.
- Slice the brinjal horizontally into equal slices.
- Apply salt over it and keep aside for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the onions, tomato, green pepper,green chillies,coriander leaves and the spices in a bowl and mix well.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan, add the baingan and saute from one side.
- Grease a baking dish and put the slices of baingan with their brown fried side on the bottom.
- Put the vegetable mixture on top of each slice and top it up with cheese.
- Repeat till layers of baingain with the mixture fill up the whole dish.
- Bake it for 20 minutes on 250 degree celsius.
- Serve hot with chappatis,paranthas or rice curry.
This recipe was contributed by hubby on 16 Aug 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.