Bajri Chi Mutki
by Foodie #629494
This recipe has been viewed 1271 times
A very simple and easy to make stomach filling and healthy snack.
- Heat 1 cup water in a deep pan and keep aside.
- Combine the bajra flour add 1 tsp of salt and 1/2 tsp of turmeric powder in a bowl and mix well.
- Add the hot water into the dry flour gradually and knead into a soft dough.
- Heat a tava.
- Divide the dough into 4 equal parts and roll each part into small round rotis by placing one part on rolling board, pat using your palm into 6 cm round circle and then roll lightly using rolling pin.
- Once the tava is hot just place the rolled roti on the heated tava before turning over the roti take a small soft clean cotton cloth,dip it in cold water and using this cloth spread the water on top of the roti which is on tava.
- After about 2 min turn over the roti (now the watered side is on tava for roasting.
- Turn over roti again, take a dry soft and clean cloth and press over the roti just like you would roast a normal roti.
- Roast the roti until cooked.(Do not leave it on the tava to get crispy,let it be a soft()
- Take the hot roti and start breaking it up immediately on a clean surface or a grinding stone.
- start pounding the pieces of hot roti.
- While pounding the roti add 1/2 tbsp of ghee, 2-3 cloves of garlic, 1 tbsp of finely chopped coriander, 1/4 tbsp of finely chopped green chilly and a pinch of salt.
- Once the mixture is pounded nicely and it is together,divide it into 2 halves and take one half and start pressing it in your hand just as you would do to make a laddoo.
- But give it an elongated shape like a cutlet (not a round shape). Repeat this with the remaining pounded mixture.
- Now make rotis out of remaining dough and repeat the same procedure. but make sure you add the ingredients and pound the roti immediately after getting it down from the pan. does not hold together if you pound cold roti.
This recipe was contributed by Foodie #629494 on 04 Mar 2015
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.