Bajre ki Idlis
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 3424 times
A karnataka cuisine with bajra and rice combination.
- Soak bajra in lukewarm water overnight.
- Soak the urad dal along with fenugreek seeds for 2 hours.
- Soak rice for 2 hours.
- Drain and grind the bajra, rice and urad dal seperately in a mixer into a smooth batter.
- Mix all of them in a big bowl and cover and keep in a warm place to ferment overnight.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a small non-stick pan, add asafoetida, mustard seeds, ginger and green chillies and saute for 1 minute.
- Add curry leaves and mix and add this tempering to the batter.
- Add salt and mix well. Add soda and mix well.
- Heat sufficient water in a steamer.
- Grease an idli mould with a little oil. Half fill the moulds with the batter and put them on the stand.
- Keep the stand in the steamer, cover and steam for 10-12 minutes.
- Remove the idlis from the moulds and arrange them on a serving plate. Garnish with chilli powder and serve hot with green chutney.
This recipe was contributed by sbhatter05 on 20 Mar 2015I like cooking very much
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.