Bajre ka Dhoda
Added to 5 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 6189 times
Bajre ka dhoda are prepared traditionally with bajra ka atta which is mixed with finely grated carrots , radish or cabbage and shallow fried in ghee or hot oil. Enjoy this typical Rajasthani fare with kadhi or curd.
- Mix the grated vegetable(s)and the curd into the flour. add salt.
- Add some water so that the dough is thick but has some flow. (almost like the consistence used for a dosa.)
- Leave aside for 15 -20 mins so that the dough absorbs the water
- Heat a gridle (tawa)and add some oil or ghee to it.
- The dough may stick to the griddle so it is advisabe to use a non-stick gridle or pour atleast 1 table spoon of ghee on the griddle.
- Pour 1/4 th of the dough (or as required) on the griddle and spread quickly
- Once the bottom of the dhoda is cookied, the edges will start leaving the griddle.
- Add some more ghee on the top and using a flat spoon, turn the side of the dhoda.
- Press the bottom side (now on the top) of the dhoda and cook till both sides are cooked. (you can check by inserting a knife.
- If the dough doesn''t stick to the knife, the dhoda is cooked)
- Serve with curd or vegetables of your choice.
This recipe was contributed by benitadua on 23 Aug 2002
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.