Bajra and Cauliflower Roti
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 115 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 67092 times
Don't settle for bland bajra rotis! Feast on these delicious Bajra and Cauliflower Rotis instead. The grated garlic and spring onions really rev up the flavour of these rotis.
Ensure that you roll the rotis immediately once the dough is kneaded; else it may turn soft and pose a problem while rolling. These rotis are cooked on a direct flame to avoid the use of oil and make them crisp.
Bajra and Cauliflower Roti can be enjoyed with just chutney and pickle or with a bowl of dal for a satiating meal.
- Combine all the ingredients and knead into a soft-smooth dough, using enough water.
- Divide the dough into 6 equal portions.
- Roll out one portion of the dough into a circle of 125 mm. (5") diameter.
- Place the roti on the non-stick tava (griddle). Turn over in a few seconds.
- Cook the other side for a few more seconds.
- Lift the roti with a pair of flat tongs and roast on over an open flame till brown spots appear on both the sides.
- Repeat with the remaining portions to make 5 more rotis.
- Serve hot.
Nutrient values per roti
|Energy|| 33 cal|
|Protein|| 1.2 gm|
|Carbohydrates|| 6.1 gm|
|Invisible Fat|| 0.4 gm|
|Fiber|| 0.2 gm|
|Vitamin C|| 6.6 mg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.