Bajra Wholesome Broth
by NEENA SAVLA
Added to 3 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 9230 times
Bajra wholesome broth is healthy, wholesome and tasty. A meal by itself. . . It can be enjoyed hot during chilled winters. It is nutritive, delicious and healthy.
- Soak the bajra for 6-7 hours in enough water, drain and pressure cook for 3-4 whistles or till cooked. Keep aside.
- Heat the butter in a deep pan, add the garlic and sauté for a minute.
- Add the celery and onions and sauté till the onions turn translucent.
- Add the bajra flour and saute for few minutes.
- Add 5 cups of water and bring to boil.
- Add cooked bajra, vegetables, ginger- green chilli paste, salt, pepper and mixed herbs, mix well and cook till vegetables are almost soft and cooked.
- Add the spinach puree and more water if required to adjust to the consistency and bring the mixture to boil.
- Remove from the flame and add the lemon juice and mix well.
- To serve, divide the cooked rice in 4 serving soup bowls, pour the hot broth on top.
- Garnish with fresh cream and coriander.
- Serve immediately with garlic bread.
This recipe was contributed by NEENA SAVLA on 17 Jun 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.