Added to 4 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 5134 times
Bajra is available in every part of country and is very good to eat in winters. Bajra Vadi is a mouth watering snack which can be served with hot tea.
- Mix together all the ingredients for the batter except the baking soda using enough water to make a thick batter.
- Just before steaming, add the baking soda and add 2 tsp of water over it.
- When the bubbles form, mix gently.
- Pour the batter immediately into a greased thali and shake the thali clockwise to spread the batter in an even layer.
- Steam for 15-20 minutes or till the vadi is cooked.
- Cool the vadis and cut in diamond or triangular shape.
- Heat oil in a small pan and add the mustard seeds. When the seeds crackle, add the sesame seeds and curry leaves while stirring continuously.
- Put the vadis in the pan and stir for 1-2 minutes.
- The bajra vadi is ready to serve.
This recipe was contributed by aarti_in_bkk on 20 Nov 2015
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.