Added to 9 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 21621 times
A low calorie,healthy and filling bajra upma made with bajra and vegetables of your choice. .
- Heat a non-stick pan and dry roast the bajra on a slow flame. Cool and soak in 2 cups of water. Keep aside for 2 hours.
- Heat the oil in a pressure cooker and add the mustard seeds and cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the dals, , ginger, garlic, onions, green chilli and curry leaves and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, vegetables, peanuts, salt and red chilli powder, mix well and saute on a high flame for 1 minute.
- Add the soaked bajra with water and cook for a minute.
- Add the coconut and coriander, mix well and add 2 cups of hot water.
- Pressure cook for 2 whistles and allow the steam to escape before opening the lid.
- Serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by MOONBEAMS on 16 Jun 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.