Bajra Methi Khakhras ( Nutritious Recipe For Pregnancy)
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 29 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 37995 times
Get an instant energy boost with these bajra and methi khakhras, the ideal anytime-snack! when you're feeling peckish or looking for a healthy breakfast option, reach for these crisp and tasty khakhras.
- Combine all the ingredients and knead to make a soft dough using enough water.
- Divide the dough into 5 equal portions and roll out each portion into a 125 mm. (5") diameter thin circle.
- Cook 1 circle on a tava (griddle) on both sides using a little ghee until light pink spots appear.
- With the help of a folded muslin cloth, press the khakhra from all the sides and cook over a slow flame till it is crisp.
- Repeat with remaining circles to make 4 more khakhras.
- Cool completely and serve.
Nutrient values per khakhra
|Energy|| 135 cal|
|Protein|| 2.9 gm|
|CHO|| 21.3 gm|
|Fat|| 4.3 gm|
|Fibre|| 0.8 gm|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.