Bajra Methi Khakhra ( Gluten Free Recipe)
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 15 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 26462 times
Khakhras are usually made with wheat flour used alone or in combination with other flours. These bajra flour khakras embellished with methi are an interesting gluten free alternative. Follow the exact procedure to get perfectly crisp khakhras.
- Combine the bajra flour, rice flour, ginger-garlic paste, green chilli paste, fenugreek leaves, turmeric powder, oil and salt in a deep bowl and knead into soft dough using enough warm water. Keep aside for 10 minutes.
- Knead again using oil till the dough is smooth.
- Divide the dough into 6 equal portions and roll out each portion into a thin circle of 125 mm (5") diameter, using a little bajra flour for rolling.
- Heat the tava (griddle) and cook it on a slow flame until pink spots appear on both the sides.
- Cook each khakhra on a slow flame by pressing with a folded muslin cloth till it turns crisp and brown in colour from both sides.
- Serve immediately or cool and store in an airtight container.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per khakhra
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.