Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 2643 times
Bajra is a healthy and nutritious cereal. This is more popular in rural areas. Nowadays it has become popular in urban areas also, as it is available in every super-market.
- Clean, wash and soak the bajra, rice and urad dal separately in water for 6 hours.
- Drain and grind the grains separately in a mixer or a wet-grinder till smooth.
- Mix the 3 batters together, add the fenugreek seeds and salt and again blend into a smooth batter.
- Cover and keep aside to ferment for 6 to 8 hours.
- Grease the idli moulds using little oil and pour the Bajra Idli Batter in the moulds.
- Steam in a steamer or idli maker for 10-15 minutes.
- Serve hot with coconut or tomato chutney.
This recipe was contributed by Lalitha Rao on 13 Mar 2015
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.