Added to 6 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 15736 times
Combination of par boiled rice, dal along with bajra and methi seeds. .
- Soak the bajra and rice in enough water for 6 hours.
- Soak dal and fenugreek seeds, separately for 1 hour.
- Combine the dal and fenugreek seeds and blend in a mixer to smooth frothy paste.
- Combine the bajra and rice and blend in a mixer to coarse rawa consistency.
- Combine both the mixtures, mix well and add the salt.
- Cover and keep aside to ferment for 12 hours in cold weather and 6 to 7 hours in hot weather.
- Heat the oil in a small pan, add the mustard seeds and cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add this tempering to the batter along with cooking soda and mix well.
- Grease a dosa pan and pour one ladle of the fermented batter and shape into dosa.
- Cook covered on a slow flame for 1 or 2 minutes or till cooked.
- Proceed with same with the remaining batter to make more such dosas.
- Serve hot with onion chutney, green chutney.
This recipe was contributed by MOONBEAMS on 16 Aug 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.