Bajra Churma-Til Coated Laddoos
Added to 3 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 4948 times
These ladoos are warm and useful and have medicinal value in cold because of saunth powder and sesame seeds.you may add chopped almonds to bazra choora ,while making ladoos to make them tasty and more effective in cold .
- Take coarse bazra flour in a bowl.
- Add half cup of melted ghee and mix well.
- Add milk as required and knead into hard dough.
- Divide the dough into lemon sized balls.
- Heat sufficient ghee in a kadai and deep-fry the balls on medium heat, till they are well done.
- Drain onto an absorbent paper and cool.
- Take grated jaggery in a pan and cook on medium heat.
- When it melts add the remaining ghee and mix.
- Break the fried dough balls in a mortar with a pestle to make coarse powder (churma). transfer into a bowl.
- Add cardamom powder, saunth powder and nutmeg powder and mix.
- Pour the melted jaggery into the churma and mix.
- Spread roasted poppy seeds or roasted sesame seeds on a plate.
- Divide the mixture into 10 equal portions.
- Shape each portion into a laddoo and coat with the poppy seeds or sesame seeds and serve.
This recipe was contributed by Foodie#429002 on 05 Nov 2008
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.