by Tarla Dalal
- हिन्दी में पढ़ें (Bajra Chakli in Hindi)
Added to 160 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 79755 times
Crisp and crumbly bajra and wheat flour savouries flavoured with kalonji, the Bajra Chakli is sure to be an exciting experience for you. Chakli presses are available at most utensil stores, and it takes only a little bit of practice to start using them. And, once you get the hang of it, you can quickly and easily make a lot of chaklis to last for several days. Remember to fry them over a medium flame so that they cook from the insides and they're crisp too. Once they cool down, store in an airtight container.
- Combine the bajra flour, whole wheat flour, garlic, nigella seeds, green chilli paste and salt in a deep bowl and mix well.
- Rub the butter into the flour mixture using your fingertips until the mixture resembles bread crumbs.
- Add the curds and knead into a soft dough using little water.
- Put the mixture into a chakli press and press out round whirls of the dough onto a newspaper or aluminium foil working closely from the centre to the outside of the whirl (approx. 50 mm. (2") diameter). You will get 15 to 17 chaklis.
- Heat the oil in a deep kadhai, gently lift each chakli using a flat spoon and deep-fry, a few at a time, over a medium flame till they turn golden brown in colour from both the sides. Drain on an absorbent paper.
- Cool and store in an air-tight container.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per chakli
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.