Bajra Balls with Mouthabe
by HARISH SAVLA
This recipe has been viewed 5968 times
Bajra Balls with Mouthabe is a fusion recipe. Bajra and Brinjal go well. It is a healthy dish especially in winters. It can be served as snack or a side dish.
Add your private note
Bajra Balls with Mouthabe recipe - How to make Bajra Balls with Mouthabe
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
Makes 6 serving
bajra (black millet) flour salt to taste2 tbsp sesame seeds (til)1 tsp oil
to be mixed together2 tbsp grated carrot ,2 tbsp finely chopped onions
1/4 capsicums finely chopped5 tbsp finely chopped fenugreek (methi) leaves3 tbsp scrapped coconut3 tbsp green garlic (lehsun) with greens3 green chillies , finely chopped1 tsp grated ginger (adrak) ,1 tsp poppy seeds (khus-khus) , dry and roasted a pinch of turmeric powder (haldi)1 tsp red chilli powder , salt and freshly ground black pepper powder to taste1 big-fat_spell! brinjal (baingan / eggplant)2 cups hung thick curds (dahi) ,1 tsp finely chopped garlic (lehsun)1 small onion (finely chopped) ,1/2 tsp green chilli paste salt to taste , oil as required red chilli powder , roasted sesame seeds (til) , finely chopped coriander (dhania) leaves
- Boil 11/2 cup water in a thick bottom pan, add oil and salt. Add bajra flour and keep mixing to avoid lumps.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 3-4 minutes. Remove in a thali and knead well using water to smooth dough while hot.
- Knead in the sesame seeds. Divide into small balls, shape into a katori and stuff the filling, seal and form a ball.
- Place in a greased thali and steam for 5-7 minutes. Allow to cool. Brush with oil and grill till golden or deep fry in oil till golden.
- Apply oil on the fat Brinjal and cook on live fire.
- Remove the burnt skin and chop mashing. Beat hung curds and mix in all the ingredients.
- Place spoonful of Moutabel in individual serving bowls and on it keep 2-3 hot bajra balls.
- Sprinkle red chilli powder, roasted sesame seeds, coriander leaves.
- Serve immediately.
This recipe was contributed by HARISH SAVLA on 08 Dec 2010
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.