Added to 4 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 10548 times
A novel rice or pulao recipe, baigan pulao with fried eggplant or brinjals is easy to prepare and delicious. The appealing look matches with contrasting taste and an aromatic flavour in the baigan pulao or rice recipe.
- Soak the rice in water for half an hour. drain.
- Heat half the ghee in a pan. add cinnamon and few cloves. sauté.
- Heat another pan, add the remaining ghee. add chopped onions and fry till golden brown.
- Add rice to the first pan and stir for a few minutes. add water and salt. stir.
- Once the onions are golden brown, add brinjal cubes. add salt and sauté on high heat till the brinjal becomes slightly brown.
- Add garam masala power and tamarind pulp to the onion and brinjals.
- Add this to the rice. mix well. cover and let it cook on low heat till the rice is almost done.
- Add freshly scraped coconut and chopped coriander leaves.
- Cover and cook on low heat till rice is cooked and serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by DIA on 05 Aug 2002
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.