Baingan Musasalam, Mughlai Baingan Masala
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 306 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 157870 times
A delightful combination of brinjals and tomatoes with spices and fresh cream, the Baingan Musallam has a luscious texture and mouth-watering flavour. It has an intense flavour and aroma, which will linger on your palate for a long time.
While the traditional Mughlai way of making Baingan Musallam uses whole brinjals, we have chopped it to make it easier to cook and consume. Enjoy this delicacy with rice or your favourite roti .
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick kadhai and deep-fry a few brinjal pieces on a medium flame till they are golden brown. Drain on absorbent paper and keep aside.
- Heat the ghee in a deep non-stick kadhai and add the cumin seeds and sauté on a medium flame for few seconds.
- Add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 5 minutes.
- Add the ginger-garlic paste, chilli powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder and 1 cup of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the tomatoes, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 5 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the tomato purée, sugar, fresh cream and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the deep-fried brinjal cubes, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirirng occasionally.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander.
Mughlai Baingan Masala by Tarla Dalal
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.