by Tarla Dalal
Added to 54 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 97661 times
Roasted, peeled and mashed, the brinjals transform into an aromatic ingredient perfect to create this traditional Punjabi subzi. Cooked along with tangy tomatoes and pungent ingredients like onions, ginger and green chillies, Baingan Bhurta is an accompaniment that goes equally well with rotis and rice, making you have much more of the main course! Usually roasting the brinjals is a bit time-consuming, but here we accomplish the task in a jiffy using the microwave oven.
Add your private note
Baingan Bhurta recipe - How to make Baingan Bhurta
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
Makes 2 servings
- Place the brinjals on the microwave turnable and microwave on high for 5 minutes. De-skin the brinjals and keep the pulp aside.
- Combine the oil, onions, green chillies and ginger in a microwave-proof bowl and microwave on high for 3 minutes stirring once in between after 1½ minutes.
- Add the brinjal pulp, coriander powder, chilli powder, turmeric powder and salt, mix well and microwave on high for 1 minute.
- Add the garam masala, tomato purée and tomatoes, mix well and microwave on high for 2 minutes.
- Serve hot garnished with green chillies.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.