Baigan ka Bharta
Added to 25 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 96792 times
Baigan ka bharta is a famous punjabi dish. It serves best with parathas.
- In pressure cooker, add the baigan and potatoes and cook for 2 whistle.
- Remove and peel the skin of baigan and potatoes and keep in a bowl, drain the extra water and mash it thoroughly. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a fry-pan add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle add the onions and saute till the onions turn golden brown in colour.
- Add the tomatoes, chilli powder, turmeric powder, ginger, green chilies and salt and cook for 5 minutes on high flame.
- Add the mashed baigan and potatoes and cook for 2 to 4 minutes on a medium flame.
- Serve hot and garnish with coriander.
This recipe was contributed by sadiaafroz on 22 Jan 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.