Added to 4 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 58186 times
Bafla bati is a steamed sweet wheat based dough balls with a drop of ghee in the centre. Serve the baked baties in ghee with urad dal or gatte ki subzi.
- Combine the wheat flour, 50 gms ghee, salt, coriander deeds, hing and saunf, mix well and knead into a stiff dough, using milk and lukewarm water as required.
- Cover the dough with a wet muslin cloth and keep aside for 15 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 8 equal portions and place one part on your palm and add a drop of ghee in the center and shape it to a ball.
- Prepare more such balls and place them on a cooker's container and steam for 15 minutes.
- Remove and bake in a gas oven for 10 minutes, turning the sides or microwave at convection option for 3-4 minutes at 250 degree celsius.
- Heat the ramaining 150 ml ghee in a pan and add the baked baties in ghee.
- Serve hot with urad dal or gatte ki sabzi.
This recipe was contributed by urmilajhariya on 16 Aug 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.