Added to 3 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 7596 times
One of the most popular winter sweet dish ,badam halwa is enriched with a great almond taste. The badam paste and ghee get cooked together and then are flavoured with chopped almonds and decorated with silver wark.
- Pour 1 cup of boiling water over the almonds and keep aside for 5 minutes.
- Drain and remove the skins of the almonds.
- Purée the almonds with 4 tbsp of milk to a smooth paste in a blender and keep aside.
- Heat the ghee in a non-stick kadhai and add the almond purée and saute on a slow flame till the mixture turns golden brown in colour.
- Boil the remaining milk with 4 tablespoons of water, add to the almond mixture and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the sugar and cardamom powder and cook till the sugar has dissolved, while stirring continuously.
- Serve hot garnished with the almonds.
This recipe was contributed by vishakha_p on 16 Aug 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.