Badam Barfi, Healthy Almond Barfi
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 5 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 4426 times
Barfis have a knack of tempting everyone, young and old. But many of us resist taking a bite as we are scared of the calories hidden in it!
Here is a Healthy Almond Barfi that you can indulge in occasionally. Made of protein-rich almonds, this yummy barfi uses very little ghee and sugar. It has the right amount of sweetness and a rather rich flavour, thanks to the magic of spices like saffron and cardamom.
This Almond Barfi can be preserved in an airtight container at room temperature for around three days. Relish every bite of this delectable treat!
Try other healthy sweets like Makhane ki Kheer or Jowar Apple Sheera .
- Combine the almonds and enough hot water in a deep bowl, cover with a lid and keep aside to soak for 2 hours. Drain well.
- Peel the almonds.
- Blend them in a mixer along with the milk to make a smooth paste. Keep aside.
- Combine the saffron and warm milk in a small bowl, mix well and keep aside.
- Heat the ghee in a broad non-stick pan, add the almond paste, mix well and cook on a slow flame for 4 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Add the sugar and cardamom powder, mix well and cook on a slow flame for 4 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Pour the mixture immediately into a 175 mm. (7”) diameter greased plate and spread it evenly to make a square.
- Cut into 18 equal pieces using a sharp knife.
- Cool and keep aside for 30 minutes.
- Serve or store in an air-tight container. Use as required.
- This barfi stays fresh for 3 days when stored in an air-tight container at room temperature.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per piece
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.