Badam Aur Arbi Ke Kebab ( Kebabs and Tikkis Recipes)
by Tarla Dalal
4/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 20 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 26828 times
A most unusual combination of ingredients blooms into a memorable starter, which is sure to become the centre of attraction at your party. Cooked and mashed colocasia is combined with a rich almond paste and other flavourful ingredients, and grilled till perfectly golden brown all over. You are sure to enjoy the unique texture and intensely rich flavour of the Badam Aur Arbi ke Kebab.
- Heat the ghee in a pan, add the onions and sauté for 1 minutes,
- Add the almonds and cashewnuts and sauté till the onions turn translucent. Allow it to cool.
- Blend in a mixer to a smooth paste and keep aside.
- Heat the ghee in a pan, add the ginger-garlic paste and sauté for 1 minute.
- Add the green chillies and colocasia, mix well and sauté for another 2 minutes.
- Remove from the flame and keep aside to cool.
- Add all the remaining ingredients including the almond paste and mix well.
- Heat the coal and carefully place it in a bowl. Place this bowl in the pan with the colocasia mixture and cover the pan with a lid. Keep aside for 30 minutes.
- Divide the mixture into 4 equal portions and using a thick seekh (metal skewer), press each portion of the mixture on it with your fingers to make a 100 mm. (4”) long kebab.
- Brush each kebab very lightly with oil and cook them over the grill or over a charcoal barbeque till the kebabs are evenly browned (approx. 3 to 4 minutes) on all sides.
- Serve hot.
Nutrient values per kebab
|Vitamin A||88.7 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.3 mg|
|Vitamin C||1.4 mg|
|Folic Acid||10.5 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.