Badaami Halva - Microwave Method
Added to 14 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 12209 times
Badam halva -microwave method is an almond flavored mouth watering sweet dish prepared from crushed almonds cooked with sugar, mava and spices like cardamom. A delicious dessert dish which can be served as a snack or after meal sweet! badam or almond halwa is a favorite dessert served on special occasions, garnished with raisins.
- Combine tapioca starch, sugar and water. mix well.
- Add yellow colour, red colour, kesser, elchi and nutmeg. mix well.
- Add 6 oz. of unsalted butter and the lemon juice.
- Stir and microwave on full power for 5 mins.
- Remove and stir well.
- Add the almonds and pista and the remaining butter.
- Mix well and micro for 7 minutes.
- Stir well and micro for another 5 min.
- Remove from microwave
- Grease a mould/bowl and sprinkle with chopped almonds and pista.
- Place the halva in the mould and let it cool.
- When cool, flip the mould onto a serving plate.
- Cut thin slice and serve with coffee.
This recipe was contributed by anarkassamali on 15 Jun 2001
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.