Added to 7 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 5602 times
A shorba made with a different style. . . .
- Layer an airtight container with the cabbage, beetroot and capsicum, pour water gently on top and refrigerate for 24 hours up to three days.
- On the third day, boil the vegetables with enough water, strain and extract the stock. Keep aside.
- Heat the butter in a non-stick pan, add the onions and curry leaves and saute till the onions turn pink.
- Cool and combine the onions with almonds and tomato and blend in a mixer till smooth.
- Transfer the liquid in the same pan and bring to boil.
- Add the prepared stock, mix well and bring to boil.
- Add the salt ,sugar and curry powder, mix well and simmer for 8 to 10 minutes, while stirring in between.
- Serve hot garnished with cream.
This recipe was contributed by ushasub on 17 Jun 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.