Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 2626 times
Badaam burfee is an amazing Indian dessert recipe with a delectable taste and an unique set of ingredients. The badaam burfee is prepared with mawa mixed with sugar, dessicated coconut and a paste made from soaked almonds(badaam). The burfee or rectangular shaped almond mithai is served on special occasions or festivals. An excellent popular dessert recipe for every occasion.
- Finley blend the almonds and milk using a blender.
- Put the paste in a heavy-bottomed kadahi and add the sugar.
- Place the vessel over low heat and stir until the sugar dissolves. then
- Bring to a boil.
- Continue stirring over medium heat, till the mixture leaves the sides of
- The pan, and becomes a dough-like paste.
- Once it gathers up together into a mass, remove from heat and cool for a
- While. when cool enough to handle, roll it onto the greased plate, with
- The greased rolling pin. it must be rolled before it cools completely. do
- Not roll while it is too hot, as it is sticky when hot.
- Roll to ½ cm in thickness. cover with vark leaves and leave to cool.
- When cold, cut the barfee into diamond-shaped pieces, and transfer
- To a serving dish and serve.
This recipe was contributed by bhuvanaygsr on 29 Apr 2002
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.