Babycorn and Spinach Soup
Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 2911 times
Baby corn and spinach soup is a lovely hot soup recipe with the unique combination of chopped spinach and baby corns. The spinach based soup is made more exciting with the addition of the crunchy sweet baby corns and are best suited for special gatherings.
- Trim and wash the spinach, discarding any thick or tough stalks.
- Wash and cut the baby corn into bite-size chunks.
- Dissolve the cornflour in a little stock.
- Melt the butter in a pan. add the onion and garlic and fry gently for 1 minute until soft, taking care that they do not discolour.
- Add the baby corn and stir gently for 2 minutes.
- Add the spinach and stir for a further 2 minutes.
- Pour in the stock, 3 cups of water and the cornflour and bring to the boil while stirring throughout. simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the tabasco sauce, salt and pepper.
- Serve hot, garnished with desiccated coconut.
This recipe was contributed by kvsantha on 21 Feb 2002
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.