Baby finger food
Added to 17 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 12919 times
1. this is a special baby food particularly useful as a chewey food, when the baby develops teething and itches to bite something.
2. it is also nutritious with its content of carbohydrates, protein, iron and minerals.
3. you can prepare the rice powder at home if necessary using the desired rice that is nutritious for the baby. for example brown rice or red rice or boiled rice can be washed and drained and then powdered/ sieved for this purpose.
4. if jaggery contains impurities then filter jaggery after it melts in water.
5. the entire process of cooking the batter in jaggery should be done in low flame for better results.
Add your private note
Baby finger food recipe - How to make Baby finger food
Cooking Time: Total Time:
Rice powder - 1 cup
Powder jaggery - 1/2 cup
Salt - 1 pinch
Milk - 2 tbsp
Water 1/2 cup
Banana(mashed) - 1/4 cup
- Mix rice powder, salt, milk and mashed banana into a smooth paste.
- Boil water in a kadai and add jaggery. boil the mixture to a slightly thick liquid(a single line consistency).
- Add the prepared batter and allow it to simmer and thicken. remove from fire and allow it to cool to room temperature
- Roll the prepared dough into 1/2 an inch diameter balls and shape them into index finger long pieces.
- Now steam the pieces in an idli stand or dhokla stand for ten minutes
This recipe was contributed by Ranganayaki on 10 Jun 2005I teach English. Have written 2 recipe books, which are yet to be published. Most of these recipes a...
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.