by Tarla Dalal
Added to 111 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 15961 times
A ring of delicate sponge cake, soaked in a syrup flavoured with lemon juice and rum and filled with ice-cream and nuts.
- Follow the basic recipe, except use a ring mould of 160 mm. (6 1/2") diameter and bake in a preheated oven at 180 degree c (350 degree f) for 35 minutes.
- Turn out and allow to cool.
- Place the sponge ring on a serving dish.
- Saturate it with soaking syrup.
- Pipe the whipped cream around the base.
- Just before serving, fill the centre with the ice-cream. Sprinkle dried fruits on top.
- Garnish with cherries.
Missed out on our mailers?
Our mailers are now online!
View Mailer Archive
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.