Baba Ghanouj ( Microwave Recipe)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 27 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 17752 times
There's definitely more to lebanese cuisine than 'hummus'. Brinjals, sesame, curds and garlic combine together to make this delectable middle-eastern dip. After tasting this dip people will definitely strike brinjals off their do-not-like vegetable list.
- In a greased microwave safe dish place the brinjal and microwave on high for 2 minutes. Cool, mash to a pulp and keep aside.
- Combine all the other ingredients together in another bowl and mix well.
- Lightly fold in the brinjal pulp. Refrigerate till chilled.
- Garnish with olives and mint springs and serve with pita bread or cream cracker biscuits.
- Grind the sesame seeds with a little water in a blender to make a smooth paste.
Nutrient values per tbsp
|Vitamin A||25.3 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin C||0.5 mg|
|Folic Acid||1.6 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.