Avial By Kamalacute
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 11 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 5556 times
Avial stands out as an amazing south indian vegetable preparation with the medley of healthy seasonal vegetables cooked together in coconut, curd and spice powders.
- Combine all the vegetables in a deep pan, add enough water, chilli powder and 1/ 2 tsp of salt, mix well and cook for 15 minutes or till the vegetables are cooked.
- Add the tamarind juice, cover and keep aside.
- Combine the grated coconut with 1/2 tsp cumin seeds, curry leaves and green chilies and blend in a mixer to a coarse mixture.
- Add this paste to the beaten curds and add this to the vegetables and mix well.
- Heat oil in another vessel and add the mustard and cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the curry leaves and add this tempering to the vegetables and mix well.
- Serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by kamalacute on 16 Aug 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.