Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 2202 times
Add your private note
Aval upma recipe - How to make Aval upma
Cooking Time: Total Time:
mustard seeds--1/2 tsp
red chillies--2 nos
sour buttermilk--1 1/2 cups
salt--1 1/2 tsp
- Take the buttermilk in a mixing bowl,
- Add water to it and beat it smooth,
- Then add the poha to it,
- Add salt and leave it for five minutes,
- the poha absorbs the buttermilk and softens,
- (take care that it does not become too soft ,it may become paste like when it is stirred,),
- Then drain the buttermilk from the poha ,
- Then heat a kadai ,pour the oil in it
- ,then add mustard seeds,let it fry,
- Then add the red chillies(break them into small pieces),
- Before they brown,
- Add the soaked poha,stir it gently leave it for five minutes till the water gets evoporated.
- The tasyt aval upma is ready,
- Try this healthy south indian dish and do send your comments.
- thank you.
This recipe was contributed by Foodie#442933 on 28 Mar 2009
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.