Added to 3 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 5708 times
A south indian breakfast snack, aval pottu is prepared much similar to the poha prepared in maharastra. The rice flakes are seasoned with mustard seeds, curry leaves and simmered in tamarind water. A mix of spices blended with tamarind renders an authentic south indian flavour to aval and is best served hot garnished with grated coconut.
Add your private note
Aval Pottu recipe - How to make Aval Pottu
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
Makes 2 servings\
- Blend the poha to a coarse powder, add the milk and 1 cup of water, mix well and keep aside to soak for an hour.
- Add add 1 cup of water in a deep pan, add the jaggery, and mix well till the jaggery dissolves.
- Strain and again boil the syrup.
- Add the soaked poha, while stirring continously for 5 minutes. Remove from the flame and keep stirring till the syrup cools down.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by savi_ram on 16 Aug 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.