Added to 2 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 7654 times
Learn how to prepare the aval payasam with milk and poha or rice flakes. The rice flakes are cooked with milk and sugar and then chilled with grated nuts as topping. A perfect festival dessert item.
- Heat the ghee in a pressure cooker, add the poha and saute till they turn pink in colour.
- Add sufficient milk to it, mix well and pressure cook for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add the sugar in remaining milk and boil till the sugar dissolves completely.
- Add all the ingredients except condensed milk slowly and mix well.
- When the mixture becomes thick, cool slightly and add condensed milk and mix well.
- Serve warm garnished with cashewnuts andand raisins.
This recipe was contributed by jayashri on 16 Aug 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.