Added to 2 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 17526 times
Aval milk is truly an innovative milk based recipe with plantains( banana like fruit) mashed and added with poha(rice flakes), sugar and roasted skinless peanuts. The aval milk is best served chilled on a hot sultry summer day.
- Mash the bananas and divide in to two equal portions.
- Place one portion in a tall glass, add half the poha and 1 tsp sugar and pour 1/2 of the milk.
- Make one more glass like this and keep aside.
- Sprinkle 1/4 tsp sugar in each glass and keep in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
- Serve chilled garnished with peanuts.
This recipe was contributed by sandhyasha on 16 Aug 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.