This recipe has been viewed 6821 times
Use only good quality white gingelly seed oil for the pickle. freshly pounded or milled chilli powder is recommended for this pickle.
- Select good, firm and sour mangoes. wash them well and wipe them completely dry with a cloth.
- Cut mangoes into half with the seed and then cut each half into six to eight equal pieces. spread the pieces on a chatai (mat) and dry in the sun for at least two days.
- Clean and dry mustard seeds in sun and pound to a coarse powder.
- Thoroughly mix red chilli powder, turmeric powder, salt, asafoetida, mustard powder, fenugreek seeds and oil. remove seeds from the sun dried mango pieces and mix them with the pickle mixture.
- Wipe the chana to remove the superficial dust and add to the mixture.
- Pour the mixture into a ceramic pickle jar, tie the mouth with amuslin cloth and keep in the sun for three days. do not shake the jar.
- From the fourth day onwards, stir the pickle well and continue keeping in the sun for atleast a week to ten days.
- This pickle will last for a year if kept well.
This recipe was contributed by sumagandlur on 27 Dec 2003
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.