Authentic Bombay Pavbhaji
by Swapnil Thakkar
Added to 9 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 8557 times
A real bombay street side pav bhaji that everyone loves! For that we ll need a large pan with a flat bottom. To make it more tastier, i cook it in noon, when it cools down, put it in fridge and reheat it before dinner, trust me it tastes better this way!
Add your private note
Authentic Bombay Pavbhaji recipe - How to make Authentic Bombay Pavbhaji
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
Makes 2 to 3 plates
- Take large flat bottom pan and heat it.
- Add the capsicum, add little water and let cook on medium high flame.
- Keep on adding little water at time if needed.
- When they softens, add the tomatoes and keep on mixing and pressing them with help of a masher.
- Keep adding little water time to time.
- When both gets combined and are cooked well, add the boiled and mashed potato, cauliflower and green peas, mix well and cook using potato masher, adding little water.
- Add a tbsp of butter, salt, turmeric, chilli powder and 1/2 to 1 tablespoon pavbhaji masala and mix well with crusher.
- In a different small pan heat 1 tbsp butter, add the onions and saute for a minute.
- Add the green chillies, ginger and garlic and saute them for one more minute.
- Add the asafoetida, kasoori methi, chilli powder, pavbhaji masala, a handful of coriander and little water and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Add this to the pan in which vegetables are cooking.
- Mix everything very well, add water if required and simmer the bhaji for 5 more minutes.
- Again add 1 tbsp butter, one tsp lemon juice, coriander and salt and mix well.
- Serve ho garnished with coriander and chopped onions.
This recipe was contributed by Swapnil Thakkar on 11 Dec 2014
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.