Atta Biscuits, Whole Wheat Sweet Biscuits, Jar Snack
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 29 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 26177 times
Time to indulge in some sweet and spicy Atta Biscuits. Resplendent with the aroma of ghee and the magic of Indian spices like nutmeg and cardamom, these Atta Biscuits are a real pleasure to bite into!
They have a rich and pleasantly sweet taste and melt-in-the-mouth texture, which is achieved by using atta instead of plain flour. The biscuits might seem to be too soft when you take them out of the oven, but rest assured that they will get crispy upon cooling.
You can also try other biscuits like Jam Biscuits or Kesar Pista Badam Biscuits .
- Combine the whole wheat flour, cardamom powder, nutmeg powder and salt in a deep bowl and mix well. Keep aside.
- Combine the melted ghee and castor sugar in a deep bowl and mix very well using a spatula.
- Add the dry ingredients mixture and mix well using your fingers.
- Add the milk and knead into a semi-stiff dough.
- Roll a portion of the dough into a 225 mm. (9”) by 125 mm. (5”) rectangle without using any flour for rolling.
- Prick using a fork and cut into 18 equal squares using a sharp knife.
- Place them on a baking tray and bake in a pre-heated oven at 180ºc (360ºf) for 20 minutes.
- Cool completely, store in an air-tight container and use as required.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per biscuit
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.